Drunk Elephant - Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser

I received the Drunk Elephant Best No. 9 Jelly Cleanser as a birthday gift earlier this year in May when shopping at Sephora. I had been using a different cleanser for a year and figured it was time to try something new. I also didn't have an appropriately sized cleanser for traveling and was about to start a string of work trips; it came at a good time! I've been using it on and off since then and decided I had enough information to do a review.




Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate, Propanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Glycolipids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Cucumis Melo Cantalupensis Fruit Extract, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Polylysine.




Pros: The cleanser is really gentle and soothing to apply. There is hardly any scent (great for those with sensitivities to strong aromas), and it didn't break me out. Applying the cleanser is also super easy; you just have to twist the top and squeeze the product out.




Cons: It only maintained the current status of my skin. If I had a breakout, it didn't do a good job of getting rid of it; it just made sure that I didn't get any new breakouts. It also didn't foam that much, which I'm assuming is because of the oils, but I prefer a cleanser with more foaming power.





I also wonder how sanitary the twisting top is; I imagine there is an increased chance of bacteria and dirt getting into the product compared to packaging that has a top that clamps over the product.

Final thoughts: This cleanser is great for those who don't have a lot of breakouts and need more moisture in their skincare routine. If you're someone who prefers a less oily cleanser with a more stringent formula, then I'd continue to look elsewhere.

Comments